Shopping With Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd
You can Order Products in the following ways:
- online via this website;
- by telephoning +27 11 262 4441
When you place an Order for a Product in any of the ways described above (“Order”) you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
When you place your Order online we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the Product is available and the details of the Order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the Product is not available we will also let you know by email.
Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd may cancel any sale and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion. If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full.
You will need to register with www.geminioctopus.com to place an order for products through this website.
In return for permitting you to use www.geminioctopus.com and benefiting from our services, you agree that any information you provide to us about yourself at any time will be true, accurate, current and complete and that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up to date. If incorrect information is supplied, any contractual obligation Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd has is immediately null and void.
Detailed description of goods and/or services
Gemini Octopus (PTY) LTD is a business in the Online gifting industry that markets XD Design, Donkey Products, Paladone, DCI Gifts, Lexon and hi-Fun.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 24 hours and delivery confirmed by way of Tracking number.
Delivery within South Africa
- Delivery charges are calculated according to the total value and weight of all products included in an order, the order is created.
- The Cost of delivery within the borders of South Africa are as follows:
- If total weight of order is under 10Kg:
- Where the total value of the order is more than R250 – there is no delivery charge on the order
- Where the value of the order is less than R250 – the delivery charge is R50 for courier and, and R55 for post office delivery.
- If total Weight is over 10Kg or more: the delivery charge is R70 per kilogram over 10Kg.
- If total weight of order is under 10Kg:
- Please note the South African Post office only accepts parcels with a maximum weight of 30Kg.
- The cost of delivery outside the borders of South Africa is payable is South African Rands. The following minimum delivery charges of R200 are payable, per order, irrespective of the value of products ordered.
- Note that the actual delivery charges are subject to increase based on the weight of the order, once packaged for shipment.
- Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd accepts no liability for any additional charges levied by the government of the recipient country. By placing an order on our website the customer acknowledges the recipient accepts liability for any charges applied by their government.
- Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd has no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country and are subject to change. Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd would advise each customer to contact their local customs office for further information prior to placing any order.
Returns and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd is subject to availability. In cased of unavailability, Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10% administration fee.
- In all cases, the items returned must be in their original condition, which includes any packaging. All goods will be inspected on return. The goods are your responsibility until they reach our Warehouse. Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items or boxes.
- Goods may be returned only when defective, damaged of if the product supplied is not the same product as what was ordered.
- We will refund the monetary value of the goods returned to us, at the price you purchased them. All refunds will be for merchandise only; we cannot refund shipping costs unless the item was sent in error, defective or damaged.
- Please address return parcels to: Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd, Ster Kinekor Park, 185 Katherine St, Sandton, 2146, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- We try to keep Geminioctopus.com as up to date as possible but cannot guarantee that particular product will always be available. If we can’t supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with the amount debited by us. All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product you have Ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your Order. If this happens, you may cancel your Order and we will refund you the money you have paid for it.
- You are entitled to cancel your order for the Goods, without penalty, within 7 days of the Goods having been delivered to you. In such an event:
- you will receive a full refund of the purchase price within 30 days of the date of cancelling this agreement;
- you undertake not to utilise the Goods;
- your agreement of purchase will be deemed to have been cancelled, and
- You will be liable in terms of section 44(2) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (as amended from time to time) for the direct costs of returning the Goods, such as courier and/or shipping charges.
- NOTE: If you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. Solar Goods and accessories in particular, need to be returned in mint condition and not have been tampered with. Remember that Gemini Octopus may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the promotion of access to information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express credit cards or by bank transfer into Standard Bank Account, the details of which will be provided on request.
- Gemini Octopus Gift Vouchers:
- Note that vouchers will only be active once it has been authorised (paid for). You will receive a “Payment Received” email once we have successfully authorised your voucher – this will be your cue to send the voucher to your recipient. The voucher will be valid for three (3) years after it has been issued.
Credit card acquiring and security
Credit card transactions will be acquired for Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approve payment gateway for Standard Bank of South Africa. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The Merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South Africa Rand (ZAR).
Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under the agreement whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd based in South Africa trading as Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd and with registration number 2012/222346/07.
Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd Contact Details
If you would like help when ordering, information about a product, a request for a product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at email@example.com
You can also contact us:
- By post at Gemini Octopus (PTY) Ltd, Ster Kinekor Park, 185 Katherine St, Sandton, 2146, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- By telephoning 0027-11-262-4441 between the hours of 8am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.